Bengaluru: As many as 55,000 people applied for free electricity under Gruha Jyothi Yojana on first day of registrations.
The registration process of the scheme, providing up to 200 Units of free electricity to all residential households in Karnataka , including Bengaluru, began on Sunday, June 18.
By 6 pm on Sunday, 55000 consumers registered for the scheme .
No documents needed
The energy department has clarified that no documents or records are needed for registration for Gruha Jyothi scheme and consumer can register using their own mobile, laptop or in any internet café.
How to register for free electricity in Bangalore ?
Registration to the scheme is done on the Seva Sindhu portal (https://sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in). The consumer have to enter the customer ID of the electricity bill, their Aadhar number, and mobile number.
The registration has also started at Karnataka One, Grama One and Bengaluru One centers across the state.
Gruha Jyoti Scheme Online Registration: Steps
- First of all visit the official website https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/.
- Register on the portal using your name, address, contact details, Aadhaar card number etc.
- Log in to the website using the generated credentials.
- Click on the Gruha Jyoti Yojana application link to access the application form.
- Fill the required details correctly and provide the required documents.
- Now, click on the submit button.
For more information approach the nearest electricity office or call 24×7 helpline number 1912.